How to make a Single Flower Bouquet or Wedding Nosegay
See how to make this pretty bouquet using one very elaborate flower along with smaller filler flowers.
bouquet holder with handle
floral foam (dry foam for silks and dried flowers, wet foam for fresh flowers)
1 large flower
1 spray for filler flowers
3 stems medium size flowers
1 package pearl sprays
3 yards of 2-1/2″ wide satin ribbon
1 yard of 7/8″ satin ribbon
low temp glue gun & glue sticks
Oasis floral adhesive corsage glue
- Cut the stem of the large, single flower to 3″ and insert it in the middle of the holder.
- Cut the 2-1/2″ wide ribbon into eight 8″ pieces. Make each piece into a loop and secure the ends with floral wire. Hot glue them around the edges of the holder on top of the lace.(for information on how to make a perfect bow)
- Cut off 8 pieces of the filler flower spray. Leave the stems 3″ long. Insert them evenly around the flower.
- Pull the flower heads off the three medium flower stems and hot glue them into the petals of the flower. Leave some flowers to glue onto the tails of the ribbon.
- Tie the remaining 2″-2-1/2″ satin ribbon and the 7/8″ sheer ribbon around the base of the flowers and allow them to hang freely or make a bow.
- Glue the remaining small flowers on the tails of the ribbon.
- Use Oasis Floral Adhesive glue to secure the pearl sprays inside the petals of the big flower. (Hot glue will melt the stems.)