Red and white toile fabric with bold solid accents are the perfect combination of crisp tailoring and undeniable comfort for a three piece slip cover. The chair back simply slips into place and features a removable pleated peplum. The seat cover has an all-in-one skirt and is held in place with fabric tabs adjusted with hook and loop tape. Tips & Creative Alternatives:
- To ensure perfect coordination, consider covering your own buttons using scraps of the solid color trim and a covered button kit.
- For additional comfort, add a light weight quilt batting to the wrong side of the decorator fabric during the assembly process.
- If your chair does not have a space between the chair back and seat, eliminate the fourth drop on the seat cover and attach the cover with long tabs from side skirt to side skirt.
- Before you shop, measure your chair, draw the pattern pieces and determine the amount of fabric needed following Cutting Instructions: steps 1 through 5. On printed fabrics, allow enough extra fabric to position a dominant motif in the center of the chair seat and back.
- 54” wide print decorator fabric
- 54” wide decorator drapery lining
- 54” wide solid decorator fabric, 1/2 yard
- 10 buttons, 1 1/4” diameter
- hook & loop fastener tape, 1 yard
- matching all purpose thread
- sewing machine & thread
- iron and ironing board
- straight pins & scissors
- yardstick & tape measure
- pencil & tracing paper
How to make a Slip Covered Chair
1. Measure Chair Chair Seat: Using a tape measure, measure the width and depth of the seat. If the seat edges are shaped rather than straight, trace the curves by placing tracing paper on the seat. Mark with four dots, the location of the front and back legs - this is the outside corner of the front legs and the inside corner of the back legs. Note: The four corners of the traced seat and the four corners (dots) of the legs may not be in the same location as seen in our pattern. Also determine how long you would like the skirt to drop down the sides of the chair - ours measures approximately 5”.