3. Insert the foliage throughout the length of the garland. Add the flowers. Use a toothpick to pierce the plastic before inserting the stems of the floral material.
Note: Use lightweight to secure the garland to or shrubbery. The length of the garland will determine how many flower heads you will need. Use one kind of flower for a uniform size and shape.
Experiment with different color flowers. See how they look in different groupings. Add pearls, colored beads or feathers in-between the flowers. If you are making a long garland to wrap around a pillar or hang on a table, thread all the flowers in the same direction.
If you are making a garland to wear, A lei flower garland,.
1. Pull the heads from several sprays of one kind and color of flower.
2. Divide them in half.
3. Thread a needle with as much thread as you will need for the length of your garland. Use a double thread.
4. Thread the first half of the flowers from the top through the "stem". Thread the second half of the flowers from the "stem" through the top. The flowers will meet in the middle.
The Flexible Garland
Symbolizing romance, the elegant, versatile garland has become readily available since the advent of artificial flowers.They can be made quickly, stored easily and arranged in a variety of places.
1. Create the base by encasing an evergreen garland in Spanish moss. For longer garlands, secure two or three garlands together. Secure the moss with fishing line
2. Wrap ivy garlands around the moss-covered base. Use fishing line or small pieces of floral wire to secure the ivy. Cut stems from sprays or bushes of ivy and wrap the ends of the stems around the stems of the garland.
3. Secure hydrangeas, roses, lilac, berries, whatever you like, and using hot glue. Cut the stems from 3" to 5" long.
4. Fill in bare areas with filler flowers like honeysuckle, forget-me-nots or baby’s breath. Insert twigs and vines for texture.If you want to add lights use floral tape to attach lights to your garlands. Use natural honeysuckle or grapevine garlands to make your floral garlands sturdier for hanging.