The tailored bow is made by gradually decreasing the size of the loops stacked on top of each other. If you work with double sided ribbon you can make the bow with one piece of ribbon. With a single sided ribbon, the bow is made of separate loops.
Tailored Bow, using Double Sided Ribbon
1. Fold ribbon decreasing loop size on each layer.
2. Staple all the layers together.
3.Add a length of ribbon behind loops for two tails and staple underneath loops.
4.Wrap a length of ribbon around center of bow and glue ends together.
Samples of a tailored bow on a wedding album and a flower girl basket
Tailored Bow, using Single Sided ribbon
1. Cut three lengths of ribbon. Make a circle with each length overlapping the ends 1"
2. Stack the loops as shown and staple all them together
3. Wrap a length of ribbon around the center of the bow, overlap the ends and glue them together.
4. Optional tail: Glue pointed tails to back of center loop.