How to make a Fresh Floral Bouquet
Make it simple and it will look wonderful.
- A unique bouquet will enhance a plain dress.
- A simple bouquet will enhance an elaborate dress
If you have read the corsage making instructions you are ready for bouquet making. Bouquets look better when the flower stems are showing. If you are planning to toss the bouquet you make a second one for that purpose.
For fresh flowers the first thing to do is to soak the flowers in a preservative solution for several hours so the bouquet will last a long time.
1. Loosely wrap the wire around the full length of the stems in a spiral.
2. Cut the stems across the bottom before wrapping in floral tape.
Taping wired stems
1. Wrap a piece of floral tape around the top of the wire and press in place.
2. Turn the stems and stretching and pulling the tape in a downward angle. The tape should be tightly wrapped around the wire stems without any buckles or gaps.
Wrapping Stems with Ribbon '
1. Hot glue the end of the ribbon 1" from the bottom of the stems.
2. Pull the ribbon around the bottom of the stems and wrap carefully up the length of the stems. Hot glue at the top to secure and trim off any extra ribbon.