A great gift wrap bow or finishing touch to a corsage is the puffy bow. It is made by wrapping ribbon around your fingers. This gives you loops that are uniform in size. Start with five or six “wraps”. To make your bow larger spread your fingers. To make it fuller add more loops.
The Puffy Bow
1. After completing the wraps of ribbon, fold the loops in half.
2. Cut a “V” into each side making sure you do not cut all the way through the center.
3. Tie the bow with a coordinating narrow ribbon in the center. You can also use a fine bow tying wire to hold the center.
4. Separate the loops one by one to the right and left from the inside out. Twist each loop towards you as you pull it from the center. Do one side at a time.
5. Trim the short ends at an angle.