In this tutorial, we will show you how to use tree slices and a moss mat to make a fabulous, natural looking sign! These signs will make a great addition to your woodland themed wedding or outdoor event. Place your favorite message on these wood slabs and use them as home or office decor to help bring you back down to Earth.
- Type your desired quote or saying on the computer and print out. It’s best to find a short quote or motto so you can use bigger letters.
- Cut the printed letters out of the paper.
- Stick double-sided tape to the front of your cut out letters. Turn upside down and place on the moss mat backing (so letters are mirrored).
- Cut around letter patterns that are taped to moss backing. Then, trim your letters using small, sharp scissors for detail cutting.
- Turn the moss letters right side up, arrange them on your wood slab, and adjust to your liking. In this tutorial, we used two different sized slabs. The large slab reads “Dream Big,” and the extra large slab reads “Live Simply.”
- Remove the paper patterns from your moss letters. Apply double sided tape to back side of moss letters where needed.
- Peel off paper backing and press in place.