Make a sachet to hold fragrant lavender flowers to scent your linens, drawers and pillows. Choose a loose linen fabric for the top and a thicker fabric for the bottom of each.
- 10″ square of linen
- 10″ square of cotton
- 1/4 Cup lavender flowers,
- Fusible Webbing
- Sewing Machine – Using a sewing machine will be a great advantage when making these sachets. However, you will be able to make them using a needle and thread or with fusible webbing too.
1. Fold the 10″ square in half and cut it. Fold each half in half again and cut them. You will use only 3 of the 4 pieces.
2. Fold each organza section in half, making a rectangle shape and iron it. Sew one short side and one long side. With one side folded over, sewing the others should make a tube shape with the top open. If you don’t have a sewing machine, you may stitch the sides by hand or insert fusible web and iron them together.
3. Fold the organza tubes inside out, so the seam is on the inside. Stuff each with lavender until they are plump.
4. Turn the top section in to create a finished edge. If you are fusing it : Insert a small piece of fusible web and apply a hot iron to seal the end. Or hand sew it closed.