by Durwin Rice, the author of ” the new decoupage” The Russian czars had gorgeous eggs made for them by famous guys like Faberge. Here’s how to create your own bejeweled masterpiece!
- Prick both ends of the egg with a straight pin and gently blow out the whites and yolk. Make yourself an omelette if you’re hungry
- Cut small shapes from the floral gift wrap paper. Petals, small leaves, abstracts…have some fun.
- Cover the egg with Elmer’s glue using your fingers. Dip the cut-outs into the water and position them. With glue on your fingers press them flat.
- Clean up the excess moisture and glue with a damp kitchen sponge.
- When it’s dry, use an artist’s brush to apply 2 coats of an acrylic (water base) polyurethane. Paint them one side at a time and use a spoon to rest the eggs in as the top half is drying.