DIY Make a Lawn Ghost
1. Place a Styrofoam
ball on the
top of the iron
2. Use Stiffy Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid to form your ghosts
(see directions below) or use cheesecloth alone. If
you are not stiffening the fabric just attach it to the
Styrofoam ball with greening pins. To make a
circle of ghosts tie each of the ghosts together
by using the bottom corner of the cheese cloth.
If you want to use Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid on your ghosts :
1. Wear gloves to keep hands clean. Use a bowl or bag large enough for your fabric and pour enough liquid into the bowl to cover
2. Work liquid into fabric until saturated.
3. Holding fabric over bowl, squeeze out excess liquid.
4. Cover the Styrofoam ball with protective wrap then drape your saturated fabric over the styrofoam ball (attached to the iron stand).
5. While shaping over the form, continue removing excess stiffener.
6.Flare out the lower edges of the gauze and let dry overnight.
7. Use a damp cloth for easy cleanup.
Once they've dried, carefully lift the ghosts from the wreath stand. They should stand freely on a flat surface or you can hang them with fish line. .